Are you planning on travelling alone for the first time in trains? Well then may it be an overnight journey or the journey of a day, there are a few things that you ought to keep in mind. These will not only help in making your travel smooth and comfortable but will also ensure that you have taken the right safety precautions for yourself.
Well, if you are wondering what these very practical and useful tips are, then here are some for you that will surely come in handy when travelling alone:
- The most important thing that you have to do is make sure that you are alert, especially when travelling overnight. You have to be very careful about your luggage and belongings, and keep an eye on them. You might not get enough sleep at night if you are travelling alone and the best way to ensure that your important belongings are with you is by keeping your bag, wallet and keys under your pillow when you sleep. This is something which is extremely important and hence do not forget to follow this.
- When you travel alone, you will have to take care of everything on your own and hence you ought to make sure that you place orders for you meal correctly. If you are not carrying any food with you, then you can either place orders for meals on the train, if it has a pantry car or if not, you can download an app beforehand and place orders from Train Food Delivery services which ensure that you can book a meal from a restaurant of your choice at a city where the train will be stopping and the meal will be delivered hot and fresh at your berth by a delivery person.
- When it comes to the question of food, it is also very important that you keep some munchies at hand like dry fruits, biscuits and cakes. While there are some trains which allow floating vendors to sell food items, there are others in which they are not allowed. Hence it is better not to take a risk and carry some dry food items with you so that you do not have to stay hungry for long.
- Coming to the more technical side of things, it is very important that you carry your photo identity proof with you since without it your ticket will not be considered valid and you may even be asked to alight the train if the TT deems it fit. So this is one item that you should never forget to carry with you!
- And last but not the least, it is more than crucial that you lock your luggage with a lock and key system. If you want to go that extra mile, then carry a lock and key chain, so that you can tie the luggage underneath the seat. This is a precautionary measure that you must take when travelling alone.
Now that you know what you need to do when travelling alone, prepare for it right and enjoy your solo journey!